Many people suffer from dry skin. Dry skin can affect all age groups. Especially in the autumn and winter months, the risk of dry skin increases. The skin feels rough and tight and can become itchy. Over time, the skin may even flake and turn red. Dry skin can be very painful.
How does dry skin develop?
Our top layer of skin has an important barrier function. It protects the skin against all kinds of invaders from the outside, such as bacteria and other micro-organisms. The skin produces a natural oil film from the underlying skin layers. From this, the skin flora is formed with important skin bacteria. Dry skin means there is a loss of moisture in the layers of the skin. The natural skin barrier is affected by a lack of skin fats.
What can I do with a dry skin myself?
For the best treatment of dry skin, use emollients and protective products. This makes the skin smoother and less sensitive. In addition, it is important to observe the following advice regarding daily skin care:
- Prevent the wash out effect. Try to wash the skin as little as possible with drying soap. Soap removes the protective fat layer from the skin, causing the skin to dry out considerably.
- Shower less often. In addition to soap, water also dries out the skin considerably. Therefore, try to shower less often or for less time. Always use lukewarm water.
- Lubricate, lubricate, lubricate. The best treatment for dry skin is rubbing. A daily cream with UV protection helps against climate fluctuations.
- Healthy diet. Be moderate with sugars and fast carbohydrates. Are you getting enough protein and essential fats? Especially omega-3, vitamin E and a collagen supplement provide a more firm skin with strong cell walls, so that the water stays in the cells. Eat plenty of nuts, fish and avocado. These are important cosmetic ingredients for healthy skin.
- Good living environment. Do not make the room temperature too high inside. By placing moisture evaporators in your house or hanging a container with water on the central heating, you ensure that the air indoors does not become too dry.
- Exfoliate. Dull, dry or rough skin can also be caused by an accumulation of dead skin cells. Products based on natural acids, such as glycolic acid, lactic acid or salicylic acid, help to rebalance the natural exfoliation process.
- Use proper home care. Order our products online easily
Do you suffer form a dry skin?
Contact us to make an appointment! We advise on the treatment that suits you best!
The treatment is aimed at improving the hydration in the skin, various peelings and good skin care advice can contribute to this. During the first consultation, the most suitable treatment method will be determined together with the skin specialist.
View the treatments and prices of our treatments for dry skin here!
Prices & treatments
€ 99,- | 120 min
The specialist in treatments for dry skin
For many years, AMBIANCE BEAUTY & City Spa has specialized in the treatment of various skin problems, including dry skin. Our specialists focus on visible results without major operations. We do this in a safe and proven way with, among other things, a treatment for dry skin. Our specialists are qualified and in possession of various specializations, so that we can guarantee the right safety, expertise and hygiene. If you would like to know more about a treatment for dry skin, please contact us. We are happy to tell you more about this during a free skin analysis consultation.
Make an appointment directly or call directly to 015 2133133
Ambiance Beauty & City Spa - Introductory offer
Intake with a skin specialist
High-quality skin analysis
Trial product for home
Ambience working method
Skin analysis and introductory treatment;
- Quality skin treatments;
products. Take a look at our WEBSHOP;
- Any supplements;
- Relaxation with every treatment.
At Ambiance Beauty & City spa you will receive serious skin treatments in combination with pure
relaxation in a casual atmosphere.